Well, I don't think we did too badly on our first attempt at an online book club, but I think we'll improve with practice. I've arranged it so that we all get emails when when a post or comment is made on the blog. That should make things more real-time interactive. If anyone has suggestions as to how to make this club even better, please let me know.
I would suggest our next title be, My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George. This should be available at virtually any library with a children's sections as it is an award-winner and was published in 1959. It tells the story of a boy's experience living in the wild for year. I read it a few years ago and really enjoyed it.
As for future titles, please make suggestions if you have any. It would be fun to read a title that you might have enjoyed reading as a kid.
Send an email or post a comment to let me know if you've got the book. If there is any difficulty getting it, I could always get ahold of some used copies and mail them to you.
Hi there! I made a survey in the side bar. Vote for the book you would prefer to read next. If you have a suggestion, leave it here in the comment section.
ReplyDelete