Wednesday, 23 March 2011

At my home in Barbados we had Papaya, Coconut and Guava and lime trees. Have you tried these fruit? Reading these chapters remind me of my home. And I miss these things. I can only imagine how sad Esperanza is. But, she may be happy later when she is settled in her new home. You know what that is like moving from Switzerland to the United States. Her uncles are Bullies. Do you know any bullies in your school? If you had to choose a reward what would you choose? I think my reward is about to come true. A dip or several dips in your hot tub. I know Esperanza and Miguel are characters in a book, but they seem like real people to me. I hope that Miguel gets to work with the trains.

2 comments:

  1. madelaine: theres a few bullies in my school they bullie almost every won mostly all the girls like me. The bullies are boys.

    Melissa:
    What was it like when you first left Barbados and came to Canada? Were you very homesick then? What did you think about your first winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coming to Montreal must have been both a cultural as well as a climactic shock. How old were you when you made the big move. I know that when we were transferred from Michigan to Montreal, Melissa was very upset and said that when she grew up that she was going to stay in the same place. I must surmise that her priorities changed as time went on.

    ReplyDelete