Thursday, 31 March 2011

Las Almendras (Almonds)

In this chapter, all the camp goes to the jamaica, the dance. Marta comes and tries to convince the people at the camp to strike. Isabelle is about to start school. Once she does, Esperanza will be in charge of the babies.

Melissa: I'm afraid that Esperanza will make a big mistake with the babies. It is not easy to take care of one baby, let alone twins! I know she is 13 and much older than Isabelle, but Isabelle has had much more practice. I hope everything will go alright.

Evelyn: she drew the picture of Esperanza's and Miguel's roses above.
Madelaine: she drew the picture of the roses dancing at the jamaica below.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that Esperanza is learning to bathe herself. She is becoming very independent. The fiesta sounds like fun. I held my breath when Marta and the others tossed the kittens into the field. I thought they would be hurt. The kitten seems to love Isabel. I wonder when and what name she will give to it. I think I would call it Tamale, but that may be a good name for a Canadian cat but not appropriate for a Mexican cat. When I come to visit perhaps we can go to church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chapter Las Ciruelas Plums. Esperanza is good with the babies. Not so good giving them uncooked plums. But she is taking good care of them. She is also making friends. Then that terrible dust storm. I was afraid for all of them. I can imagine the sound of the dust against the metal roofs. Where you afraid? Now I'm worried that Mama will not get better. I like that Isabel named her cat Chiquita, is a great name for a cat, and a great sounding word. It rolls around in the mouth. What does it mean in English?

    ReplyDelete